Each month a post like this will share server cost information, in game updates, and
how donations and my time are spent.
Offering Liberty Minecraft costs me $17.37/month. This includes server and web hosting. Our Liberty Minecraft server for 1 full year costs $161.09 or $13.43/month. LibertyMinecraft.com’s entire cost for 1 year is $47.28 or $3.94/month. The BlueHost invoice also includes 2 additional years of web hosting for which we received a considerable discount.
In September I funded the further development of Liberty Referrals at a cash cost of $3.00. You may review the invoice here.
This Month In Focus:
September was about providing value in demand. The goal was simple: find out what you want and, where possible, provide it straight away. Not possible? Develop a plan. That’s September – delivering value in demand, on demand.
Let’s look at the results. Flying_Nostril wanted a better way to search LibertyMinecraft.com and he got it straight away! Our website can now be explored using the search tab in the right panel. Haksndot wanted a better way to organize everything ‘Liberty Minecraft’. He wanted me to build a wiki. That’s what I did. Now you can edit and create wiki pages at LibertyMinecraft.com/wiki.
The most popular requested update for September? A new way to process referrals using Liberty Referrals. You wanted a way to tell everyone about Liberty Minecraft, whether you know their usernames or not. We brainstormed. I took your ideas, built a development plan, and sent it to apik007.
Guess what! A brand new update for Liberty Referrals is being tested right now. As requested, a new player will be able to say who referred them. After their first two hours of play time you get paid, just like it should be. I expect to release this update early next week.
That’s not all. CelciusII wants more inforgraphics, so that’s exactly what I will do. I’m going to get creative–find new knowledge about Liberty Minecraft and create images that show it off. Also, I’ve created and started to track the prices of a “basic basket” of items used by our players. This data set will be used to track the buying power of our money in the long run–to describe the quality of life improvements that you provide to other players in Liberty Minecraft.
A brand new player named Cbar_ wanted an updated tutorial. Done. He felt new players will want to see their bank balance, even though they have no money. Now, all players have access to this function from the moment they join.
The rewards you receive for donating to Liberty Minecraft are now more clearly explained. The discounts that you receive on donor levels are better explained. I have always been very proud to offer a simple value proposition: no tricks and you can always upgrade at no extra cost. Now, thanks to Haksndot and Cbar_ our shop page has much clearer information.
This is how I want to provide value to you.
Behind the Scenes!
A big month for work behind the scenes. As I type this I’m negotiating with Host Havoc to accommodate the growth of our playerbase, this after just 6 months of operations. It’s a tremendous sign for us to be at this point so early. Through September we have struggled with server-side processor lag, but Host Havoc and myself are both working hard on this problem.
Currently our server is being run with 10 GB allocated (vs. our 3 GB service). This is intended to offset the bad processor performance we have experienced this month. As compensation for this service quality in September, Host Havoc has provided us with an entire month of service on top of our existing product. This means we will be in a position to renew as late as April 2018 instead of March that year. These guys are working hard to keep you as their customer.
Throughout September I have also been in regular contact with apik007, the developer of Liberty Referrals. Just in the last 24 hours apik solved a challenging bug and added two new features to Liberty Referrals including our most requested feature: retrospective referrals, available for the first two hours of play. If testing goes well, I will release an update by Monday.
There’s even more going on behind the scenes. I’ll have more to share next month.
Liberty Minecraft Challenges!!!!
Landing Market – Alienslayer8 has completed the Asset Challenge!
Created by Alienslayer8 in August 2017, the Landing Market now offers more than a million items to players for trade on demand. The market works both ways. Players can also sell more than a million items. All players can trade when they want, in larger quantities than ever, and always at the market rate.
The Landing Market also clearly shows how much profit a person can earn straight away by satisfying market demand. At a glance, NullCase calculated that building an automated Mushroom farm would earn more than $30,000. Landing Market provides better data – the kind of information players want to make informed economic decisions.
Identify the opportunity:
Liberty Minecraft did not have a commodity exchange!
Alienslayer8 invented a new Super Shop by stacking ChestShops to offer flexible prices!
Answer unanswered questions:
Can he take over the market? Yes he can. But that’s not all. Alienslayer8 is not trapped. Landing Market is completely self-sufficient!
Landing Market Earns Diamond Money for alienslayer8, without him.
Liberty in Action:
Every day our players are learning liberty by playing it.
Here are just a few examples:
- Cbar_ builds a Wither farm. A structure so large and so impressive, I’m sure you’ll be hearing more about it. A design this effective may be shaking up the market any day now.
- KnightMetal8 bets on high fashion. The world’s best known banner designer just spent $10,000 on a brand new design, using a valuable and scarce “Wither Skull” in the pattern. I see trouble for this bet, but what a fantastic opportunity to discover knowledge that most do not possess–I don’t.
- MisterTheHoodie’s bank fails. With four account holders, MisterTheHoodie had found some success in securing deposits. He promised to pay depositors a gold block each month, but this month and last month he failed to pay interest. Then, he abandoned his land claims due to neglect. The player’s deposits were lost, but this lesson pays lifelong dividends for those who are determined to learn. Someone will find a way to create a thriving bank in Liberty Minecraft. Not because it’s easy, certainly not that. It will be difficult, but everyone can try.
- Land Disputes continue! RodericDragonbow found an unclaimed Llama farm and jumped at the chance. Haksndot was caught off guard. Suddenly the future was uncertain. Instead of responding with moral outrage he negotiated over the course of a few weeks. RodericDragonbow sold back the land through a third party. The third party failed to recoup a profit on this exchange, but on net NullCase has made a tidy profit by arbitrating land disputes.
- Secretly, and before anyone noticed… a bounty market developed for creative people to build new ways to produce goods. Just visit Landing Market, pick any Super Shop, and add up how much money you can make from filling up those chests. That’s the market bounty on innovation.
- Toothy7 opens a bed shop in a new location. Wilderness explorers may happen upon a towering new shop–the world’s first to sell new multicolored beds. As ever, minecraft remains a strange place. On Liberty Minecraft if you have an idea you can test it, make it, and change the world.
There’s so much more happening in Liberty Minecraft!
Don’t miss out!
Operations and Updates:
Through October, expect server updates to occur regularly, but expect downtimes during these updates to be in the seconds-not minutes. As usual, our discord channel will share updates as they happen.
This month Liberty Minecraft was updated to Minecraft 1.12.2. This patch update solved some bugs, but primarily the purpose of this update was to fix an item duplication glitch produced by Minecraft updates that did not affect Liberty Minecraft.
More than a dozen additional updates and patches were implemented throughout September, primarily focused on essential features like chat and chestshops. However, we also added SuperTrails: a fun update for those who like silly effects and particle animations. This new option is available to all players, unlocked as you rank up in Liberty Minecraft.
Monthly Donations Goal $25 – 480% achieved!
- Top Donor! $100 – Haksndot Just incredible. Thank you so much for supporting Liberty Minecraft. We’ve had some fun. I will continue to work hard.
- $5 – Something_Sweg Thanks for stopping by to see the bank all crumbled 🙂 Happy to see you stop in between school commitments! I’m so fortunate to have your loyal support over the last year.
- $5 – Alienslayer8 It’s been more than a month! Landing Market is still changing our world. I think you’re gonna make a fortune.
- $5 – Flying_Nostril Who on earth makes a 6,000 tile map? You’re actually nuts. Thanks for being you, Nostril.
Because of you I am able to offer Liberty Minecraft,
free of charge to anyone who wishes to learn liberty through experience.
We did it. Another fantastic month. Another donation goal achieved. Thank you for supporting this project.
Every month I want to earn your donation by proving that this service is valuable to you. I will do this by continuing to develop Liberty Minecraft and our website LibertyMinecraft.com. I will do this by sharing my progress through posts like this. I will do this by working hard to understand what you want and improving with your feedback.
Every month I want to earn your donation by being transparent about how money is spent. You can find very clear details about how donations will be spent on the Donations Page. Here you can find our Invoices for this and the many months ahead. For my privacy I have removed personal and location information.