Each month a post like this will share server cost information, in game updates, and
how donations and my time are spent.
Offering Liberty Minecraft costs me $17.37/month. This includes server and web hosting. Our Liberty Minecraft server for 1 full year costs $161.09 or $13.43/month. LibertyMinecraft.com’s entire cost for 1 year is $47.28 or $3.94/month. The BlueHost invoice also includes 2 additional years of web hosting for which we received a considerable discount.
Behind the Scenes!
In march alone I launched the server, published guides and blogs and shared my ideas about Liberty but you already know that! What about the rest?
Here’s the details. In late February I spent two weeks negotiating with the top 5 service providers. In the end I accepted the offer provided by Host Havoc. We will receive a 10% recurring discount in addition to having access to the #1 team of people from the top on down.
It’s my absolute pleasure to be in business with Mr. Clay Berndt, CEO of Host Havoc and Mr. Scott Csonka, GM. These are professional individuals to work with – not only that, we arrived at a competitive deal in record time. The best deal and the fastest deal. I would also like to mention the tremendous support we have already received from Mr. Ian Drew, Support Technician and Mr. Jeffery Meyer, Support Agent. We really are in good hands!
In the second week of March I developed a brand new website – LibertyMinecraft.com. That’s right, the site isn’t even a month old! Through Tom Woods, we received a great discount on our web hosting with BlueHost. I want to thank Tom Woods for going above and beyond in helping to promote LibertyMinecraft. It’s been so great to meet just some of his listeners and read their supportive words.
Liberty in Action:
Every day our players are learning liberty by playing it. Here are a few examples:
- Earlier this week MisterTheHoodie claimed a plot of land to build a bank, but not just anywhere. The land he selected had trees which are valued for their wood. Selling the wood paid the cost to claim it! In other words, MisterTheHoodie discovered and exploited an inefficiency in the market by claiming land worth more than the cost to acquire it!
- PizzaJon has discovered several arbitrage opportunities. The prices of leather, paper, and books allows him to earn a marginal profit making books. Prices of sand, dye, and stained glass enabled him to earn profits making stained glass, but not as much as books!
- Wizwom moved the market! He anticipated that I had mispriced cobblestone and flooded the market with a hefty supply before opening a shop which undercut my offer! In response, I dropped my prices – there’s no barrier to entry here.
Operations and Updates:
Minecraft 1.11.2, the latest version of the game is running live on our server. Our anti-cheat tools have been updated to stay ahead of the curve and keep the game fair. I also completed a full backup, which I will continue to do twice monthly. Your hard work is protected.
Monthly Donations Goal $25 – 100% achieved!
- Top Donor! $20 – esfisher, new Liberty Minecraft player, and one of the many amazing people I’ve met thanks to Tom Woods. Thank you so much!
- $5 – Something_Sweg, Twitch Moderator and all around amazing human being. Thank you for donating and for your support over the many months on twitch!
We reached our goal! I’m so thrilled by the support. Thank you for the opportunity to offer this service free of charge to anyone who wishes to learn liberty through experience. Every month I want to earn your donation by proving that this service is valuable to you. I want to earn your donation by being transparent about how money is spent. You can find very clear details about how donations will be spent on the Donations Page. Here you can find our Invoices for this and the many months ahead. For my privacy I have removed personal and location information.