Each month a post like this will shares server cost information, in game updates, and
how donations and my time are spent.
Offering Liberty Minecraft costs me $17.37/month. This includes server and web hosting. Our Liberty Minecraft server for 1 full year costs $161.09 or $13.43/month. LibertyMinecraft.com’s entire cost for 1 year is $47.28 or $3.94/month. The BlueHost invoice also includes 2 additional years of web hosting for which we received a considerable discount.
In August I funded the development of Liberty Referrals at a cash cost of $2.99. You may review the invoice here.
This Month In Focus:
Shouting our success from the mountains is the way I feel about August. I learned to create and then produced infographics that capture change and tell the world about it! We are learning liberty by creating it. I believe that’s worth talking about! The buying power of our money and the growth of our economy are just the start. I want to make it easy to share Liberty Minecraft. These new assets are perfect for platforms like facebook and twitter.
Liberty Referrals is brand new in August. Liberty Referrals is a free market incentive system that pays you money to refer new players. Diamond money has more utility than ever! Now you can grow the player base using /ref deposit <money>. Your in-game wealth is more valuable. This custom plugin is designed for Liberty Minecraft. I would like to thank Alienslayer8 and apik007 for their suggestions and hard work. Something exists because we created it.
This month I also provided a timelapse video which shares the up to date results of an experiment happening live on Liberty Minecraft. My question is: “When people do not resort to violence when confronted with non-violence what happens with and without private property?” This is an unanswered question that we are testing, and already the divergence is clear. This test will continue indefinitely.
Free Market Updates continue to be a large feature of our website content. I enjoy them and received wonderful feedback. This month I also added Free Market Architecture. This series will examine the built environment in Liberty as a way to share your creations!
Second Quarter Review!
August marks the end of Q2. It’s been 6 months since our official launch. My goal is to test ideas. Provide value. Be different, moral, examine my options, answer unanswered questions. These are foundational axioms that drive me and guide my decisions.
Liberty Minecraft has basically one rule: resolve non-violent disputes with non-violence. That’s morality. Our money is diamonds, simple. Property is defined by smart contracts. This makes Liberty Minecraft different. Players are free to choose, and providing this freedom is my advantage. Does offering freedom lead to prosperity? This old question has an answer. Emphatically yes, even in Minecraft.
I will continue to answer unanswered questions. For instance: Will I secure a strategic partnership that satisfies the four objectives outlined last month? My focus here is to compete fiercely and provide a better product.
Because of you I can afford to take a long term view. Minecraft is rebranding their original PC version “Minecraft – Java Edition.” In the future this question will be answered: Can I develop a windows 10 version of Liberty Minecraft? This may determine whether we have access to +25 million PC players or +100 million players on console, mobile, and windows 10. I believe Mojang will focus on building their cross platform version of Minecraft with exclusive features like 4K.
Behind the Scenes!
In August I worked closely with Alienslayer8 and apik007 to develop Liberty Referrals. In early live testing I discovered an exploit that no one had used. This issue will be resolved in an updated version of Liberty Referrals expected on August 29th or 30th (today or tomorrow). This system is still being live tested. apik007 has been excellent to work with, and I believe we will continue to develop custom features for Liberty Minecraft.
Liberty Referrals will be updated again in September. I am compiling a list of requests now to refine how it feels and looks. I am open to suggestions!
Our first Infographic was inspired by the presentation of Rafael Acevedo and Luis B. Cirocco at Mises University. I reached out to thank them and was blown away by the response.
Starting in late June and through July I began to seek a strategic partner for Liberty Minecraft to satisfy four objectives:
- First, I want someone who can be the image for Liberty Minecraft. Someone that people like and want to support. Someone or something with name value.
- Second, I want someone who’s great at dealing with customer service problems.
- Third, I want someone who can grow the player base through an existing platform
- Fourth, I want someone who knows how to run a business. Someone willing to leverage their experience on an asset that’s positioned for growth in the right hands.
I think that becoming a strong competitor in these areas makes Liberty Minecraft very likely to continue to succeed in the years ahead. Given our current financial position I must implement a strong growth strategy by the end of our fiscal 2019, which is February 2020. I will continue to work hard to develop a strategic partnership that makes Liberty Minecraft fierce competition in those four areas listed above.
Liberty in Action:
Every day our players are learning liberty by playing it.
Here are just a few examples:
- SrvicenteHD slashes wheat prices with automatic wheat farms! In just a few days wheat prices fell over 95% thanks to Srvicente’s innovation. Steak prices are already down more than 70%. Leather prices are down over 30%. Emerald prices may decline, further reducing the price of diamond tools and enchanted books.
- dust_eater stimulates the economy! Mysteriously, dust_eater decided to convert 900 diamonds into cash and purchase everything not nailed down. Brief shortages occurred in produce, metals, and building materials. The $900,000 seems to have been quickly absorbed by the economy. The money supply expanded from 4.3 million to 5.2 million during the single day spending spree and has settled once again at 4.3 million. This writer isn’t sure what to make of it.
- Alienslayer invents “super shops.” By stacking chest shops together, Alienslayer has created a way to reprice items based on supply and demand. This has instantly changed the ease with which prices are established and large volumes of trade can occur. Three super shops have been added to spawn and the bazaar, but more than forty super shops can be found at Aliens Landing, quickly accessible through a new portal at Spawn.
- ipencil9000’s bank collapses. One of our most generous supporters was quick to develop an insurance system and bank in Liberty Minecraft. His first depositor was PizzaJon who invested $1000 to create an account. ipencil9000 has been away, his land claim expired, and the unsecured deposit is now lost in some undisclosed location. In Liberty Minecraft banks can fail. PizzaJon remains among the wealthiest players in Liberty Minecraft with a house made of quartz worth in excess of $1 million. He seems to have easily absorbed the cost. The grounds of the bank are now being reconstructed. An impressive new tower has been commissioned with space for offices, vaults, trading floors, and more. Stay tuned!
- flying_nostril explores the world! A 1:1 scale map of Liberty is being created. It’s an enormous undertaking and I can’t wait to see whether flying_nostril can succeed!
There’s so much more happening in Liberty Minecraft!
Don’t miss out!
Operations and Updates:
Minecraft 1.12.1 was released early this month to patch the serious bug discussed last month. Our server was backed up and then updated to implement the new update. In addition, more than twenty additional updates were performed to keep Liberty Minecraft running with the latest versions of all the features that make Liberty Minecraft special. There have been no serious performance issues this month. Nevertheless, I will remain vigilant and perform at least two backups each month. Liberty Referrals development occurred late in the month, has gone exceptionally well despite a serious exploit, and I believe this new feature will have a fantastic impact going forward. Also, libertyminecraft.com will now be backed up using a new system, roughly once per month. Following a website backup I performed some small optimization work on our website.
Monthly Donations Goal $25 – 660% achieved!
- Top Donor! $100 – Haksndot Welcome to Liberty Minecraft. I’m blown away by your support. I will continue to work hard and create. In the 60’s it was Blue Jeans and Rock & Roll. Now maybe video games and software? Why not!
- $40 – spfoia Welcome to Liberty Minecraft! It’s a real pleasure to meet new players. I hope you’ll enjoy yourself here as much as I do.
- $10 – Noomo You have an army of villagers! Dozens! Always a pleasure to hang out Nomoo. Thank you for believing in Liberty Minecraft.
- $5 – Something_Sweg PVP! We’ve tested 3 fixes, but more to come any day.
- $5 – Alienslayer8 Super shops! They’re so awesome! Thanks for helping me build Liberty Referrals.
- $5 – Flying_Nostril Welcome back! If you decided to farm leather I wouldn’t object… hint hint!
Because of you I am able to offer Liberty Minecraft,
free of charge to anyone who wishes to learn liberty through experience.
We did it! Monthly Donation Goals are important to me, and I am honored by your support. Thank you thank you thank you! I will continue to work hard.
Every month I want to earn your donation by proving that this service is valuable to you. I will do this by continuing to develop Liberty Minecraft and our website LibertyMinecraft.com. I will do this by sharing my progress through posts like this. I will do this by working hard to understand what you want and improving with your feedback.
Every month I want to earn your donation by being transparent about how money is spent. You can find very clear details about how donations will be spent on the Donations Page. Here you can find our Invoices for this and the many months ahead. For my privacy I have removed personal and location information.